Hi Group -

Over the past weekend a documentary film crew, from PBS, was in Newport to
interview yours truly about my pig cell implantation surgery for PD.  Believe
it or not, we will soon be at that xenotransplantation's 5th anniversary.

It was a very interesting session as it was largely concerned with some
difficult legal questions.  We discussed, for example, whether or not living
organisms can be patented, who will pay the costs for the research, and what
part of the population will receive "spare parts" harvested from animals.

The first part of the interview took place in my house and at the Newport
harbor's waterfront.  The second session was taped at my regular family
doctor's office.  All in all it was a good, but tiring, day.  We started at
9:00 AM and finished at 4:30 PM.  You can't imagine how much equipment is
involved!

This film will probably not be released for 6 (or more) months.  Based on
past experience this type of program can take up to a year in editing and
production.

For those who have not seen it, my online diary of experiences with this
surgical procedure can be read at the URL below.

 <A HREF="http://www.geocities.com/jimcfinn/index.html">
http://www.geocities.com/jimcfinn/index.html</A>

Regards -

Jim Finn