   I am aware that each person is different.  For me, supplements have been
miraculous.  My diagnoses was made in January 2001 with symptoms of postural
instability, stiffness, bradykinesia and internal tremor.  Secondary
symptoms of extreme fatigue, mind in a fog, memory loss, peripheral
neuropathy, restless leg syndrome, muscle cramps, insomnia, depression to
name a few.
   I participated in a study at the University of Arizona with an agonist
which
made me nauseous, caused me to fall asleep at inappropriate times, caused
more depression and dreaming.  I left the study and decided not to take the
prescription meds because of the side effects and pursued alternative
medicine. I have seen a metabolic physician, a medical doctor that focuses
on alternative medicine and 3 chiropractors that specialize in contact
reflex analysis. The internet has also been extremely helpful.  I have seen
two neurologists, the first one who diagnosed my condition and then Dr.
Sherman who is the head of the movemnt disorder clinic at the University of
Arizona (and I am now his patient).  He is excellent and has given his
opinion on some of the supplements I am taking that are more specific to
Parkinsons.
   My personality is such that if something will not hurt you and may help I
go
for it and that is exactly what I am in the process of doing now.
Half of the supplements I am taking are to optimize my general health.  All
three of the chiropractors' goals are to get my body to be functioning
perfectly so that the body will contribute to healing itself. The contact
reflex analysis is a form of strength testing that reveals what supplements
you need.  The metabolic physician did 16 vials! of blood work with the
goal to also get all my blood results to be in the optimum range.
As expected the amino acid profile (brain function) was a mess (Many
hormones and neurotransmitters are derived from amino acids. Therefore, the
intake of sufficient amounts of essential amino acids is important to
maintain the proper function of intercellular communication. Examples of
amino acid-derived hormones and neurotransmitters are g-aminobutyric acid
(GABA), histamine, serotonin, melatonin, thyroxine, and the catecholamines
dopamine, norepinephrine (noradrenalin), and epinephrine (adrenalin).
    My levels: Serine 68 (normal 95-190), Asparagine 43 (normal 50-120),
glycine 195 (barely in normal range 180-575),
glutamine 468 (500-850), histidine 46 ((60-110), arginine 41 (60-150) while
the rest were in normal range including the phenylalanine which I had been
supplementing before the blood tests.
    The supplements prescribed were:
L-Arginine, L-glutamine and acetyl-L-carnitine along with
phosphatidylserine. I continue to take the Phenylalanine. without these I am
extremely tired, depressed, poor memory.
Marcia Roper was extremely helpful (she has written a book concerning PD)
and insisted on the importance of optimal thyroid function with a complete
thyroid study and my thyroid has been fine tuned.
There has been much talk about Vit E, Vit C and Coenzyme Q10 and I am taking
these.  If I stop the C and E my restless leg syndrome returns!
My diet has been radically improved (also Marcia Roper's suggestion plus my
chiropractor's) and includes carrot juice, green food, brown rice, protein
powder, no white flour, very little sugar, very little caffeine - sounds
awful but I worked into it gradually and I do eat fairly normally at dinner
and I am beginning to really like my food routine. I am walking about 25
minutes every night (I don't like it and am very afraid I may stop).
   I am happy, sleep well at night and the symptoms are greatly diminished
which was not the
case before my pursuit for optimal health. I feel normal!

I have not given the doses I am taking because I am not telling others what
to do but just sharing my journey.

I hope this helps