Greg,
Good Idea. But how about every PWP in PA phoning his nearest office to tell
them the Senator should support his fellow Senator's bill. (Specter's bill.)
Can you, through your network of support groups, get goodly numbers to do
just that. From Pittsburgh to Philly to Erie to Scranton. With some hard
work, good contacts and a good cause, I would estimate you might be able to
inspire 200 PWP or friends to telephone. (It should really be 2000, but I'm
getting old & cynical)

And even more important is the local Congressman/woman. In each district
within the state there is at least one or two PWP. Try to find them and get
them to call the Congressman.

Now those apposed to stem cells have read this and they might do the same,
but if we can't out hustle them, maybe we don't deserve the hoped for
benefits of stem cell research.

Sid Levin
PS When someone phones their Congressman or Senator, be sure the caller also
mentions the projected NIH budget and the amount requested by NIH for
Parkinsons. Just ask him/her to support that request. (This advise should be
applied whoever calls - whether you are pro or anti the stem cell
guidelines).
I'm sure when the smoke settles on the stem cell issue, we will all be
working together for the ultimate common (four letter word) G--L.

RESEARCH IS A BLIND DATE WITH KNOWLEDGE.
Let us welcome the bride with flowers.

Sid