From: Jacob M. Drollinger <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Saturday, July 28, 2001 2:18 PM
Subject: Shot down again

Dear friends,

The pharmacueicals industry and the medical establishment has once again
shot
down a potentially promising treatment by labeling it "ineffective." NIL-A,
the first (and probably last) neuroimmunophilin drug has, it seems, gone the
same route as GDNF and fetal tissue implants. "No conclusive evidence to say
it improves P.D. symptoms" is what they say. When the truth of the matter
is,
the people responsible for the findings, i.e. the medical and drug
community,
have too much at stake.
Think about it for a minute: why would an industry, supported by over a
million people (the numbers as you know are growing daily), all of a sudden
offer them a cure, thereby cutting off their means of income, which is
pretty
substancial.
Stem cells will be next, I am sure. If there is no possible way to prove
them
ineffective, I am sure that research and possible treatment will be
outlawed.
Call me a pessimist, but do you like apples?
I call it a conspiracy.
How do you like them apples?

Jacob