Jacob,
Instead of griping about the dirty pharmaceutical companies, there is
something you can do to help the situation.
PWP, Perry Cohen,  is developing a program for coordination between the drug
industry, the FDA and us PWP. It is still being formed, but the FDA and the
drug companies are all interested in cooperating. WHY?
1) The cops (FDA) want to help the customer (PWP) get the best possible from
the vendor without sacrificing safety. It keeps Congress and the general
public off their back.
2) The vendors (Drug Cos) spend millions in developing new products and the
longer it takes to get approval, the more it costs them and the shorter their
remaining time on the patent.
3) We all know why PWP want to help.
Perry's program iis still in the formative stage but he needs qualified
people lined up for the following:
1. Development of a presence of PWP/caregivers in all major research centers.
Establishment of contacts with scientists involved in PD research. Give the
researcher some insight as to our problems on a personal basis, and also keep
abreast of the new developments in medicine.

2). Cooperation with the FDA and drug companies, in order to help facilitate
the evaluation and approval of new drugs. For example, helping to locate
qualified volunteers for drug testing, education of patients about clinical
trials and FDA regulatory requirements. There is a bottleneck in finding
volunteers within the profile required.

3. Dissemination of information about new research and treatment developments
to PWP. We need the info to prevent false claims and rumors. If not, I have
some snake oil that I wont claim will cure PD, but "... my cousin's
son-in-law was feeling good with it ...etc... for you a special price."

Okay. If you can't help directly, you can find PWP/Caregivers that can. Perry
can use Drs, Nurses, Librarians, and any one else familiar with medical
research protocol. These need to be people who have the motivation and some
effort. Your Doctor and mine can't or wont. But a retired one or one with PD
might.

Now that is positive, constructive and hopefully will prove fruitful.

Would a Drug Co purposely withhold a new drug so as not to spoil the sales of
his old one? Maybe, but he'd be worried as all heck that some competitor
beats him to the finish line first and then he loses two ways. That is what
competition is all about a driving force spurring you on and it is called
Capitalism.