This is a non-PD problem but 'Parkies' might benefit from the answer to my question.

A friend of mine just related that a fellow she works with has ALS and can barely function.  He has just applied for Social Security Disability and Medicare - apparently the company he works for can't afford to continue his medical insurance once he no longer works there.

What recourse does this man have?  Is there any way he can obtain Social Security and Medicare payments before the six month waiting period is up?  He is about to have a PEG tube inserted and probably won't be able to function at all within the next couple of months.   He is in the process of selling his house so that his wife and family can continue to pay their bills - he can only work 3 hours a day now.  Any help we can give this gentleman would be much appreciated by his family and friends.
------
God bless
Mary Ann (CG Jamie 61/21)