>Congratulations to DOCTOR Kathryn Alexander, who successfully (and very
>convincingly) defended her dissertation last Friday at SFU. I was present
>as the external examiner, and Kathryn handled all the questions and
>discussion with great aplomb, passion, and skill. Way to go, Kathryn!
>Anthony

Gee Anthony!!!

you are too gracious.  and you were an extrordinary external - with great
patience for weedy  texts  and a really talkative candidate. It was a
lovely day and an an even more wonderful celebration that followed  -  with
salmon feasts and jazz at the local cafe.

Janet Giltrow, my  long suffering senior requires congratulations too!!

thanks again for  all that you did.

kathryn

"We live with strangers. those we love most, with whom we share a shelter,
a table, a bed, remain mysterious. Wherever lives overlap and flow
together, there are depths of unknowing." Mary Catherine Bateson, 2000,
from Full Circles, Overlapping Lives.

Kathryn Alexander, Ph.D.
Faculty of Education,
Simon Fraser University,
Burnaby, B.C.  V5A 1S6 Canada

Messages for SFU: (604) 291 - 3395 /SFU FAX (604) 291 - 3203

Personal: email:  [log in to unmask]