As Wendy says, SFU has quite a good MA in Publishing, as well as other
offerings in editing and publishing, taught by a mix of academics and
professionals.  I'm sure they'd be friendly to an engineering (but I don't
know they're entrance requirements).  It describes itself as follows:

         See Launched in 1995, the Master of Publishing (MPub) program is
North America's premier
       training ground for professional publishing. Bringing together
practical and academic
       studies over 16 months, the curriculum emphasizes "best practices"
in publishing
       management, national and international policy, law, history,
editing, design and new
       technologies, and provides a solid grounding in traditional
publishing methods.

See http://www.harbour.sfu.ca/ccsp/education/mpub/index.html