The Canadian Caucus has a time slot at the CCCCs in Chicago next March on
Thursday March 21 from 6:45 to 7:45. What we don't have are the details of
what we will do with this time. If you would like to participate, write
something (a paragraph will do) describing what you plan to speak about and
send it to me ([log in to unmask]) or to Janice Freeman (or to both)
and we'll work something up from what we receive. We'll need your name,
institution, mailing address, and presentation title.

To recap, then, here is part of Janice's April email:

"1) The Canadian Caucus will meet as part of the regular 4Cs. . . When we
get the acceptance form in the
Fall, there is an opportunity to add names of people who will be speaking.
So for
those of us whose conference funding relies on a speaking role, this is a
chance
to get our names in the program. However, we will have to nominate someone
to send
out "official" letters inviting those people to speak at the caucus. (I did
it
this year, mostly by e-mail and with a little help from two colleagues,
Amanda and
Tracy. I'm willing to work with Roger on it for next year.)"

I will add the names to the CCC proposal and create the necessary
invitations but they want that information by either October 1 or September
15, depending on which document you look at. Let's split the difference and
aim for Sept. 23.

Saturday session:

In our discussions in April the idea of doing something using a computer lab
came up. I can book this for either a "workshop" session or to support
presentation/demonstrations. A third option might be to have a MOO session
involving both those in Chicago and those who weren't there. Right now I'd
be happy to hear suggestions for other options or perhaps to get a sense of
which of these appeal to Inkshed members. Again, here's part of Janice's
April email:

"2) Roger is proposing to book a computer lab at DePaul's downtown campus
for us to
do a Saturday workshop on teaching online. This will be entirely up to us--
with
no connections to the Cs. However, we can peer review the proposals and send
out
letters to presenters so they can apply for funding. (Graham and I did this
for
several years when we were organizing the roundtable.) Russ and Marcy have
said
they'd like to help out with this, so we can spread the work around."

Hope to hear from you soon.

Roger Graves