The September deadline for Kalamazoo Medieval Congress session abstracts is
fast approaching. At this time the Medieval and Renaissance Drama Society
(MRDS) still has openings in two of its sessions:

I. Saints in Medieval and Renaissance Drama
II. Drama and History in the 1570s: A Panel Discussion

MRDS welcomes papers on any aspects of performance suited to these general
topics. However, we hope that abstracts for the 1570s session will
emphasize drama, culture, and history, rather than providing an analysis of
a single play from this period. Since this session (the 1570s) is a panel
discussion, participants should aim for presentation times of approximately
8 minutes.

Please submit abstracts by September 15th (sooner is better) to me at the
address below. E-mail submissions are preferred because we need to send the
Conference Organizers for general sessions any abstracts not accepted by
MRDS. If you send an abstract, remember to provide your name and
affiliation, a title for your paper, your contact information (including
phone and fax numbers and e-mail address), and your A/V or computer needs
as required on the abstract cover sheet available at
http://www.wmich.edu/medieval/congress/37cfp/02avreq.html

FYI, our third MRDS session, the one in honor of Martin Stevens, is already
planned. Please don't send any more abstracts for that session.

With apologies to those of you who received multiple postings of this
announcement,

Gloria J. Betcher
**********************

******************