Ivan:

I agree with you that there seems to be a strong connection between a virus
and the onset of PD --in a number of cases and perhaps in more than we are
aware of.  My dad's PD symptoms began immediately after a very bad case of
the flu with which he suffered very high temperatures.  Afterward he saw
spots before his eyes, lost some ability to smell & taste his food as well
as developed a slight tremor in his right hand.  This was fourteen years
ago when he was 68.  He has an additional flu connection in that when he
was born in 1918 his mother was in the hospital with the post-world War I
influenza.  Dad always had very poor hearing and eye sight.

I am glad to see you urging research into that theory.

                                                        Suzanne
                                                        Dad 82/80/68