>Hi Roger:
>
>Thank you for your response. I agree with what you've heard about UofM. I am
>in Battle Creek, so I am in SW Michigan. I would certainly appreciate any
>assistance you could give us. Looking forward to hearing from you soon.
>
>Sincerely,
>Richard Jenkins

Dear Richard;  Actually there is a support group in Battle Creek which may
have other resources, but the doctor I was referring to in my earlier
message is Dr. Phillip Green, Kalamazoo Neurology, PC.  in the North
Professional Building at Borgess Medical Center in Kalamazoo. Phone (616)
381-7380.  Phil has been the Medical Advisor to the Parkinson Support Group
here since its inception.  He has a very  large practice, but if you can
get an appointment for your uncle he is, in my opinion, the best !  He
works with Dr. Lewitt, Dr. Trosche, and the Center For Excellence in
Detroit  doing research on new medications and treatment procedures for
Parkinson's.  He also has a wide and honored reputation among Parkinson
professionals at Rush, and Mayo's, and Cleveland Clinic among others.  I
suspect it's not quite ethical to recommend a particular physician in this
way, but since you asked, he is the best I know of.  He has taken wonderful
care of my wife for over fifteen years, gotten her into major research
programs, (Some of which worked for awhile), and is always on the cutting
edge of new developments in the field.  Otherwise you might still take the
time to contact Michigan Parkinson Foundation at the numbers I gave you.
Good luck and if I can do anything to assist you, please let me know.
My wife and I started the Kalamazoo Valley Parkinson Support Group in
1984--it has grown greatly and now is being run by a board and renamed .  I
can add your name to the mailing list if you like.

Best wishes,
Roger Wallace