Bill;

To my understanding, there are two types of CO induced Parkinsonism. There is
the one which your brother suffers from, in which the individual is exposed
to lower amounts of CO over an extended period of time, which usually results
in damage to the substancia nigra. Then there is mine, which USUALLY is the
result of a suicide attempt, a prolonged comatose period, and lesions to the
globus pallidus.
Before I tried to kill myself, at the age of 18, I was a perfectly physically
normal teenager. When I awoke from my coma, four days later, I was worse than
I am right now.

Jacob