Does anyone remember reading a poem called "Warning" by Jenny Joseph?
I've read it somewhere and I think it was here.  It begins "When I am an old
woman/I shall wear purple/With a red hat which doesn't go, and doesn't suit
me..."  I'd like to have a copy if anyone has it.  It seems that this poem
has inspired women all over the country to form Red Hat Societies, informal
groups of women over 50.  There are no rules, no memberships, no dues, just
an opportunity for women to come together and enjoy each others company.
They are bound only by their red hats and purple garments and the fact that
they are all over 50.  I read about this in our paper and showed it to a
friend and we've decided that we since we both already wear a lot of purple,
we just need red hats.  I told her I'd try to get a copy of the poem, so if
anyone has any idea what I'm talking about, could you send me a copy of it,
please?
Thanks,
Eleanor