In a message dated 8/3/2001 8:38:23 PM, [log in to unmask] writes:

<< I have learnt quite a lot from my gay friends. (OK, I have a disease and
that's different, but let's put that aside and look at the similarities) We
meet the prejudice of ignorant idiots. We suffer from it.  >>

Thank you, John, for your wonderful insights, and especially for this
analogy. We are in the same position of having to decide whether to "come
out," and it seems true for me also that out is better.

Regards,
Kathleen