Hello list:

My neurologist prescribed .25 mg of Amitryptiline at bedtime,
or I'm routinely rattling around until 2:00 a.m. or later.

Therapeutic dosage for depression is 250 mg., if I recall correctly.
It influences serotonin levels.
The first time I took it, I was waiting to get sleepy...then it was 5:00 a.m.

I don't  take it consistently, perhaps I should.

plmaddux wrote:

> Hi Nigel,
>
> I am interested in your use of Amitriptyline, I need something for my
> insomnia. What dose are you taking and how long have you been using it? Have
> you had to increase the dosage from what you started on? Thanks for info if
> you don't mind sharing it with the list
>
> Lanier Maddux    66/5    Chattanooga TN

                                 Ray Strand
                             Prairie Sky Design