In ref to this subject, Ihave the NPF PD Medications book in front of me
now, and on page 42 it says,

"Examples of drugs used to promote and maintain sleep"
It then lists amitriptyline, (Elavil)

And if you read about amitriptyline in the Parkinson's Drug Data Base, it
says that amitriptyline should not be taken if you are also taking Eldepryl.
Otherwise it does not seem to say that it should not be taken just because
you have PD. In my case I am taking no PD drugs at all, but I have used
Benadryl for some tremor and insomnia relief. And it does help a little bit.
But I am having a severe case of insominia right now, and need something
better than Benadryl.

Also, I told my MDS doctor that I had used amitriptyline a couple years ago,
and he did not seem to be alarmed at my having used it. But I don't know for
sure if he would approve of it now.

So, lets hear some more about whether this drug could be used, depending on
the patient and what other drug they are using.

Lanier Maddux     66/5    Chattanooga Tn

NetZero Platinum
Sign Up Today - Only $9.95 per month!