To All
PWP are usually a healthy group but sometimes we need an antibiotic.
So, after the
doctor finds an antibiotic compatible with all your other drugs, you
take it for the required
time and you feel better.

Except that all your friends tell you to eat Yogourt, the unsweetened
natural kind. This stuff is hard
to find in supermarkets, the labelling is not clear and to most of us it

tastes awful.But we eat it.

Why should we do this? The tale/myth follows:-

The antibiotic destroys the bacteria that are making you sick, but it
also does a
number on the 'good' bacteria in your digestive system. Without the
'good' bacteria
your digestive system is less effective,
 your recovery takes longer and you are likely to get sick again.

So you eat yogourt-------- but not the regular kind because it doesn't
have the
right bacteria.
 The tale/myth ends here....................

To  put it bluntly "Am I talking through my hat?"
Are there any studies by reputable scientists ? (not dairy farmers)
I welcome all points of view.

Anne Rutherford
Newfoundland