In a message dated 8/6/2001 10:08:37 AM, [log in to unmask] writes:

<< In the Quinn study, the primary outcome variable was reduction in off
time. Patients in the 18 mg/day group had a reduction in off time of 1.72
hours/day, and those in the 27 mg/day group had a 2.44 hours/day
reduction. However, a strong and sustained placebo response resulted in no
statistically significant difference between placebo and treated patients. >>

It seems to me that I've read of strong placebo effects in other Parkinso
ns-related studies. If this is true, does it lend weight to the idea
that there are things we ourselves can do—mind-body connections we can
cultivate—that will have real and measurable positive effects? I would like
to think so.

Kathleen