Subj:   Disability: eNews Update 080701
Date:   8/6/01 8:57:21 PM Eastern Daylight Time
From:    [log in to unmask] (^ENews)
Sender:    [log in to unmask] (SSA Electronic News)
To:    [log in to unmask]

Social Security eNews

Disability Update

Published August 7, 2001

To view this online, go to http://www.ssa.gov/enews/enewsdib080701.htm

Welcome to a special Disability edition of eNews.

NEW TOOL HELPS PEOPLE COMPLETE DISABILITY FORM

Are you or someone you know planning to file for disability benefits?
There's a new tool to help.  When an adult applies for disability benefits,
we complete a Disability Report (SSA-3368).  The form helps us obtain
information about an applicant's condition, and is the key to obtaining
medical records.  Now you can get tips right over the Internet on how to
best complete the 3368.  Just click on any section of the form and you'll
get a "plain language" explanation of what we're looking for, why we need
the information, and how your answers help us decide if you can get
disability benefits.  This new tool is your key to having the Disability
Report completed before your appointment.  To take a look, visit
http://www.ssa.gov/disabilityformhelp/

Please do not reply to this announce-only, electronic newsletter.  If you need
to contact Social Security go to http://www.ssa.gov/reach.htm

To view prior issues go to http://www.ssa.gov/enews/prior.htm

If you found this newsletter helpful, please forward this issue of eNews to
two
or three of your friends.  Thanks!

If you received this newsletter from a friend, you may also subscribe.  Each
month you will receive a free newsletter packed with important news from
Social
Security.  You may also sign up for timely updates on disability, retirement,
survivors, Supplemental Security Income, Medicare, laws and regulations, press
office news releases, wage reporting, seniors, and data studies and research.
Go to http://www.ssa.gov/enews/ and subscribe now!

If you are already subscribed you may modify your subscription by visiting
http://www.ssa.gov/enews/

You may unsubscribe at any time by sending an email to:

In the body of the message enter:  SIGNOFF SSA_ENEWS