I do not think Bush's position is different then other positions he has
taken on other matters.

I would like to suggest that Parkinson's Disease along with many other
maladies is not just an American problem. WE have seen some very
interesting research coming from other countries, other governments, and
private organizations. Stem Cells has captured the imagination and the
scientific curiosity of world class scientist. There are many organizations
that fund private research, and while the resources might not match what
the US Government can contribute, RESEARCH WILL CONTINUE.

I think, what America has lost is the admiration, respect and good will of
the world. There are numerous example of our arrogance, none of which will
do much to repair the damage done by the decisions of this administration.
Greg rightfully notes the inconsistencies of direction of the
administration. I too, find it difficult to understand the value of "life"
claimed by the President, other then added to the life of the very wealthy.

WE now have the opportunity of banning together, not only here, but, all
over to support research that is truly international. Perhaps our Parkinson
organizations can take the necessary steps to develop a truly international
support for research.

I my opinion we must mobilize the energy over our frustration to provide
the force to make the difference toward our own goals.