Elizabeth, sad to say, some neuros don't know a thing about PD and its
family except what's written in their desk resource!  From my standpoint,
vision difficulties for many, are a precursor of PD, PD+, and the
"symptomed" undiagnosed.

I'm myopic and have always been sensitive to glare.  The year I was
diagnosed, two things occurred that I considered very frightening.  The
first was awakening one morning to discover bright lights shooting from the
periphery of my eyes.  I rushed to the opthamologist and was told, if I
remember correctly(terminology alludes me)that it might be a corneal
separation.  This condition stayed with me for a couple of months; then it
disappeared.

Next, on my trips to and from work-facing the sun both ways-the glare was
so intense, I could barely keep my eyes open.  Finally, my eyes literally
closed one afternoon as I drove.  I was petrified.  The curb seemed so far
away!
I can't tell you how I got home or how I got to the doctor's office.

The opthamologist found that my eyes were dry as a fossilized bone!
Refresh Plus and Lacti Lube were recommended.  Other than this, no changes
had occurred relative to the physical condition of my eyes.  Four months
later I was diagnosed somewhere under the PD umbrella.

Since that time-six years-more often than not, my eyes are blurred all the
time.  Most of the time they don't clear until three or four in the
afternoon; other times they don't clear at all.  Lately, my glasses are
useless, and I find myself trying to read through the fuzz without them.
However, there is nothing physically wrong with my eyes! The culprit is in
the brain stem!

As Camilla says, much has been written on this subject.  You're not crazy.
You're not imagining things.  You may have to make some life-changing
decisions, but you will overcome, and we'll be here to walk with you.

One final comment.  Many newcomers have joined the list family of late.
Your input is needed in THE HOW DID WE GET HERE ANYWAY SURVEY which is
ongoing on PIEN until the second week of November.  I can be reached at
Join us as we search for commonalities.  Along with stem cells, we may be
the windows to our own cures!
E of the headdress