Mary Ann---try calling the Nat'l Parkinson Foundation in Miami---
l-800-327-4545.  As for insurance, it may not cover, depending on his
situation and the insurance he has.  Agencies charge  around $20. per hour
and handle all the paper work, taxes, etc.  Hospitals and senior centers
may have a list of private aides who charge less,and you do the paper work.
Your idea is a good one, but it's hard to give specific answers without
more info.   If he has a specific medical need for skilled care and is
"homebound", medicare may be a possibility.  I hope you will get some
specific advice from Florida residents--good luck!   I am taking the
liberty of cross-posting your request to the CARE list, as not all CGs read
both lists.

Camilla Flintermann, former CG for Peter 83/70/55
                     Oxford, Ohio

           on the web at   http://www.geocities.com/camillahf/index.html
           and also at   http://members.tripod.lycos.nl/genugten/flinterm.htm

               "Ask me about the CARE list for Caregivers of Parkinsonians ! "
           And visit the CARE webring at http://www.pdcaregiver.org