I hope that those of us with Parkinson's prioritize our needs with some care
when advising the public, and especially, lawmakers in the art and politics
of government funded research allocations.

1. Neroprotection. Help from somewhere is necessary to save the cells any of
us still have, and what others, apparently still healthy, are about to lose.
No one yet knows even how nerve cell groups die in Parkinson's. The double
payback from any success in this area is that, how ever any new brain cells
may arrive in our head, restored neroprotection would help keep them there.
How many Federal dollars are currently being spent for this? What percentage
should be?

2. Neroregeneration.  Human cell transplantation is only one possible
solution.  There is some current evidence that some people, even after many
years of Parkinson's, still have a supply of dormant  brain stem cells that
only need somehow to be activated. If this is true, this could be the fastest
and safest solution to many of our problems.  As to transplantation, some
scientists claim that non-human (such as pig) and other biotechnology sources
might be a safer and more plentiful source of useful cells.
Do we want any tax money at all spent in for research in these areas?  What
percentage?

Ed G