<<I.e., does taking an arm movement as either a) a simple physical task to do
or b) as
a kind of ballet gesture entail differing cognitive involvements and
neurological engagements? >>

Tom,

I just skimmed your post and it is very much in tune with my experience as a
PWP and student of tai chi. The benefits of tai chi specifically for
Parkinson's have been documented. I am convinced that our wonderful, flexible
brains are able, through certain types of mind-body training, to set up
alternate neural pathways and connections, and it sounds like this is where
you are going with your work.

You write of the imagination. I find that if I am tense, which is bad for us
all but worse if you have PD, I can relax by imagining myself doing tai chi
moves.

Regards,
Kathleen