Dear friends,

     It was an intense effort,  to be visible for about two minutes
on television.  Two hours of performance coaching
by a  former Hollywood professional who summers
in Maine , helped  me tremendously.

     From  my hoping that  my PD might be
alleviated by stem cell treatment, to coping with
16  years of fighting PD, people are saying
 that  I appeared relaxed, well-voiced and confident
during the interview  of me, on Fox television's affiliate,
WPXT-TV, which aired Friday August 10, on the 10 PM news.

     WPXT -TV can be found at:

     www.ourmaine.com

    I am hoping to have videotape available
for distribution within two months.

     My primary goal was to promote  research
to cure Parkinson's  Disease. I was coached
by someone  who worked every day  for 10 years,  with  the
incomparable pianist , Liberace, until shortly
before his death in 1986.

    My coach says that  two medication-related
side - effects were visible on camera, which were
(1)continuous,slight dyskinesia in my shoulders,
and (2) weary, slightly  pinkish, and mildly tired,
swollen eyelids,.  Despite all this, I apparently
 smiled  well, although imperfectly, and  my eye contact
and facial expressions were quite good. I was also
engaged and lively at the microphone.

   Considering , too, that we were all "dripping,"
on an oppressive, 99  degree day, I feel very
fortunate to have had excellent backstage
coaching, and would  certainly do more interviews
when opportunities arise.

   The interview was filmed at the new
Parkinson's DIsease information and
referral center of the APDA, Maine chapter,
at the new Maine Medical Center  campus
in Scarborough, Maine.