Murray:

Thanks for sharing your opinion with us.

Murray Charters wrote:

> Revisiting A Mechanic's View on Dubya's Big Decision.... PRO & CON
> I would like to thank those who wrote in support of this...
> I haven't changed my mind.  I added a coupla (notes)...

 You were accurate in this letter about funding.
 I'm very disappointed also.
 The politician has spoken,
 and unless you're paying close attention (As you have been)--
 It is obvious that GWB isn't
 as completely squeaky clean as he appears.

 I know that researchers have been intimidated and their hands tied
 when it comes to some kinds of research by this and other conservative
 political regimes.

 I also was very disappointed,
 that more alternatives were not considered.
 That research will be so limited.

 But, through my disappointment, I see potential.

 The cell lines will come from private sources all over the world.
 What researchers will have to pay for the cell lines
 has not been determined yet.
 In addition to the financial aspect,
 will be a the intellectual property, patents,
 and overview  of the companies.
 Some cell lines may be retained as trade secrets... I hope not.

 I would have liked to see acceptance
 of new cell lines that could possibly come
 from ethically acceptable sources.

 Since many things have been already worked out in animals,
 a lot of initial research may go towards seeing how
 humans react to he human stem cell implants
 of tissues derived from embryonic stem cells.
 Immediately, tissue typing may be an issue.

 Never voted for him, never will.

 Like you, I have the feel like it is time to move on.
 Hopefully, we'll be hearing soon  about interesting medical breakthroughs,
 and potential treatments for Parkinson's.
 Obssessive energy needs re-direction.
 There are a number of areas of research that need to come together
 for any kind of Cure... growth factors, apoptosis control,
 and getting a handle on what the Cause of Parkinson's really is.
 Some of that will come through some of the new genetic studies
 that link to the protein studies.

 I just the hope, we are on a slippery slope.

Ray

                                 Ray Strand
                             Prairie Sky Design
 -----------------(   on  the Edge of the Prairie Abyss  )---------------