Very well said, Rick.  There was much concern that the President would
decide, without considering multiple viewpoints, not to allow federal
funding for this research.  His motives can be questioned (like those of any
politician).  Or, he may have genuine concern for those of us who could
someday benefit from the research.  Regardless, this is at least a limited
victory.  Hopefully, there will be more to come.

Although medical research provides our only hope for someday leading normal
lives, stem cell research is not necessarily going to give us a cure.
Medical science promises are sometimes not much better than political
promises.  We may eventually reach the destination, but the journey could be
long and agonizing.

Dave Bergford
60 now / 58 dx. / 55 onset