Bob,
Point number one is contra to what UCLA cord blood bank personnel told me.
The said that it requires a number of visits by the pregnant mother to the
hospital and a few extra blood tests. Not many pregnant women are eager to
make extra trips to the hospital nor are they delighted to have blood
withdrawn for these extra tests. The head honcho said that so far cord blood
cells do not seem to be as versatile as the ones from early blastocyst cells.

Point #2: They can't know that it is better. They have handcuffed the others.
The cant possibly know this. Not until they allow an accumulation of early
embryo (blastocyst) stem cells to be thoroughly tested. It's a case of
theology ruling their scientific decisions. Tell them to take the handcuffs
off of ESCR (Embryo Stem Cell Research) so that a true comparison can be
made. They say it's better because they get them, but keep the other
scientists hamstrung with the freeze on any support. Remind them that
research and research alone will establish proof of claims, not
presuppositions.

Another comment re point #2: Each cell in our body has a built in time clock
named telomere. To repair a heart, would an old heart be as viable as a fresh
one? That infamous sheep, DOLLY, at birth had the shorter (older) telomeres
of a six year old from which it was cloned.

Point #3 Self administered stem cells. Sounds great on the surface. But that
means that the new organs will be just as old as the original one that broke
down. Another point: To service a nation of 250 million people that might
need such help, would require 250 million storage banks. Hardly practical
when you can do the same with less than 100 all-purpose storage banks. In
many cases, the patient doesn't have the  time available to wait while
his/her cell is processed.

Pt #4 They admit what I've claimed is their "secret agenda" Some religions
are against invitro fertilization because as I read in their literature, "It
is not God's way of conception."  Tell them when they can sell that directly
and not beat around the bushes, then we might listen to what they have to
say. They are afraid to push that part of the agenda and create anger among
infertile women. If Abraham had been able to produce a son at an earlier age
through invitro fertilization, it wouldn't have been necessary for him to
make Hagar the handmaiden pregnant. Then the Arab world and the Jewish world
would not be in conflict today.

In spite of all I've said, you and I are probably wasting our time on this.
LOGIC cannot persuade FAITH. As one man said, "My mind is made up. Don't
confuse me with the facts."

Good Luck

Sid
PS YOU might quote this: "RESEARCH IS A BLIND DATE WITH KNOWLEDGE."
I guess they want us to stay in the dark. ........... SL