Hi all,

I'm new to the list.  I am happy to have found this group.

I have an uncle who has Parkinson's and is in the advanced stages.  I am interested in finding advice/ information in obtaining respite care/ home care for my uncle.   My aunt is his sole caretaker and is really in need of a break.  She is harming her own health at this point but she doesn't really know how to find support.

I have a daughter with a disability so I know how important a network of support is.  I'm hoping to bring some relief to my uncle and aunt by setting up home care for 4-8 hours a day.  I figure if I will try to do all the leg work so it will be easier for them.

He has insurance.  Would this pay for all or part of the cost?  What is the growing rate?  Where are qualified people?  I am putting a call in to a number I found for Eldercare.  Any guidance you could provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Mary Ann