HI all,

The generic name of prilosec is omeprazole  marketed in the US under
the  name Prilosec by AstraZenca.
It is common practice to market drugs in different countries under
different names. Side effects are minimal and can be found on the
AstroZenca website.

Charlie

At 08:18 AM 8/17/01 +0800, you wrote:
>Is prilosec the generic name of the medicine? Are there no side effects to
>it?
>
>When you do mention stomach pain ---- i wonder if it be the same kind of
>pain my mom gets......when PD sets in....the rigidity starts at the
>abdomen......not the legs or arms!

Charles T. Meyer, M.D.
Middleton, WIsconsin