as posted on the mgh parkinson's disease webforum:
http://neuro-mancer.mgh.harvard.edu/ubb/Forum71/HTML/005062.html
.

Author: Chy7 (Leonard 'Chy' Casavant)
Topic: "Travels with Parkinson's" YOPD's a small
       percentage making the biggest difference.

I am writing this in hope that others will see the
difference they can make. I have had PD ten years but
have been active less than two years. AS many of you
know I host a weekly program on internet radio live at
www.voiceamerica.com. My second year started on August
6th, and the last three broadcasts were co-hosted by
Donna Dorros/Joan Snyder, Sydney Dorros Award 2001, Dr
Stephanie Machette Bilateral DBS surgery and for the
second time Dr Abraham Liebrman Medical Director of
the National Parkinson's Fnd. Other participants are
listed on my site at:
http://www.geocities.com/chycasavant/ .

There have been 70 or so ranging from Drs.,
dieticians,
Foundation heads, Clinical Trial participants, but
mostly People with Parkinson's and their stories. I
have not been refused by anyone except for previous
commitments. This resource has provided up to the date
information on what's happening in the PD World.

Due to the generosity of many the shows continue.
there has only been two contibutors on a National
Level. A donation from Parkinson Alliance and
Sponsorship from Pharmacia Boehringer Ingelheim.

Each day I collect donations from the People of Hudson
MI and a small group of PWP friends send in
collections from their areas at no cost to them.

The show costs $200 per broadcast. You can help just
by listening to show appreciation for the time our
wonderful co-host volunteers and the knowledge and
insight they provide. I would love to hear your
comments and suggestions. The broadcasts are carried
around the world live via the internet and a taped
broadcast is available 12 hours later on
voicamerica.com.

There have been some technical problems since we
started back up but hope they will be resolved soon.

If you're sitting at the keyboard and wondering how
you can do more for your future I hope this helps. You
will be surprised at the way your community may
respond. We hope to publish a list of upcoming
broadcasts in the near future.

The future of this disease is in our hands.

Thank You

Chy7

PS To find out how to get a fundraising kit to help
with the show or to use for your support group at no
cost to you please contact me at my web page.