Renee,
     I've noticed a definite adverse effect between levadopa and animal
protein.  I find the most benefit from sinemet when I take it at least 2-3
hours after eating.  At the other end of the range, I wait 30-60 minutes
after taking sinemet  before I eat again.  I consider myself an involuntary
vegetarian, because tofu and other plant proteins don't give me as much
trouble.  My current goal is to eat a ratio of 7:1 carbohydrates to
protein.  I read somewhere that the amino acids from protein compete with
levadopa for the pathways to the brain - and proteins dominate.
     Since there is such a variety of responses among pwp to all these
issues, please consider the above a report of my experience - which may or
not resemble your pwp's.
     For recipes, one of my favorites iss the Moosewood Restaurant
cookbook.  The Vegetarian Times is a good periodical.  Let me know if you
need more references.
Regards, Geo 57 (dx54)

                    Ms S
                    <[log in to unmask]        To:     [log in to unmask]
                    >                            cc:
                    Sent by: Parkinson's         Subject:     Diet
                    Information Exchange
                    Network
                    ORONTO.CA>

                    08/21/2001 06:59 AM
                    Please respond to
                    Parkinson's
                    Information Exchange
                    Network

My name is Renee, and This is my first time posting here... I am a
caregiver for a woman with Parkinson's and want to start limiting her
protein to se if that will help her medications work better, does anyone
know a good site to find low fat, low suga,r low protein recipies, or do
I just start concocting pasta and veggie meals more often... thanks for
the help... Renee

To sign-off Parkinsn send a message to:
mailto:[log in to unmask]