Prilosec is the only name I know of for this med. I do not believe as
yet there is a generic version. It 's side effects are listed
as; may cause headache, diahrea, some stomach discomfort. I have never
had any
thing but relief from this med. However my husband had loose stools so
bad he refused to take it anymore. As with all meds everyone reacts or
responds differently. Hopw this answers some of your questions.
Hugs Juanita CG for George 75/71/64