Mike just a suggestion with a couple of things that helped my PWP with
weak
limbs. Geo is 75, has a multitude of medical problems, however he has
managed through determination and hard work to come out of problems that
had him unable to stand even with assistance.
Now the suggestions.Even when Geo can barely get around the house he
forces himself to get out in the yard and SLOWLY deadhead the roses,
water the tubs and pots of plants in both front and back yard. Sometimes
he has to come in and rest several times before he competes the tasks.
On the rare days
that he does not do this I know these are really bad days. When he feels
his balance and stamina beginning to go backward again he has our Dr
write him another prescription for physical therapy.
After a couple of weeks of intense PT
he manages to stabalize again.
When I spoke of Geo taking care of the plant tubs and pots and
deadheading the roses, I am referring to a very small
area in the front yard and not much more in the back. I am just trying
to convey that
pushing himself to his limit has allowed him to still be able to take
care of himself.
We are thankful everyday that though his
eyes are failing(one is blind) his body is bent, he doesn't enjoy eating
near as much as he use to, his steps become more unsteady and very slow.
He says
every day and means it. "It could be worse"
All I am trying to say to you Mike is
try to fight the good fight and like
Don tells all of us. NEVER GIVE UP.
Hope this PEP talk doesn't sound to