Mike, From coming alongside my husband and attempting to understand his
depression when unable to do things he enjoys so much like direct the choir
at church, etc., I can understand in part what you are feeling.  One thing
that struck me when I read your email and continues to stay with me is that
you have young onset PD.  We are only now beginning to realize the
differences in the way this presents itself as opposed to older onset.  When
my husband had his appointment with Dr. Montgomery at the Cleveland Clinic
this summer, it was really emphasized to us.  The reason I state this is that
while my husband has had to give up some things, he also goes through times
when he can resume them.  So we have learned that to give up something isn't
always permanent--it may be eventually, but not now.  For example, he's into
music again--he's had a terrific summer (after a horrific spring--fall and
winter level out usually).  It may not last, but for now, he's going with it.
 We also just attended a young onset PD support group begun by the APDA group
in our area.  I highly recommend this.  It has been life-changing for us.  We
do not need to assume that what happens to others will happen to us.  While
there are many commonalities, it is highly individualized since the
neurological system is highly individualized.  Take courage, and I encourage
you to play when you can.  Vi  CG for Jon 51/6