My response to Don was this:

I respect your opinion and your right to voice it.  Consider for one moment
however, that a decision such as the one that President Bush made the other
night is of great importance to PD patients and their caregivers.  It has
been my experience that his decision was only watched carefully by those
that could deeply feel it's effects.  Only those diagnosed with an illness
that could benefit from this research and those that care for and love them
are among the general population that understand it's impact.  So, I feel
amongst others that share this concern is the appropriate place to be able
to discuss it.

I, personally don't want to always talk about symptoms and meds and
insurance.  While those are very important things to share as they educate
those who may not have access to the information in other ways, I find it
very comforting to hear what people who (although I really wish I didn't
have it  in common with you)  a PD diagnosis are feeling.  I found myself
apologizing to someone today for caring so much about what happened last
week.  Fortunately I am surrounded by a lot of people who care about me so
that person immediately told me not to apologize for being interested in
something that has the "potential to change my life" - I choose those words
carefully.  So, I do not say Amen to Don's request and I hope it will not
discourage people from sharing their opinions about anything.

Stacey