Myles, don't think there is a generic and it is  very expensive, like $120+
for mo. supply.    Ask Dr. to add "do not substitute" to prescription.  My
insurance pays so my copay is $7.50.  I haven't had side effects, but those
listed are headache, diarrhea ( which helps with constipation problems.)  It
is the only med besides Evista that I take that really works besides aspirin,
acetometaphin.  My cousin's dead son (cystic fibrosis 1997) took Prilosec.
It is worth a try.  It also was like a miracle for my last part-time job
boss.  Rayilyn