Dear listfriends,

I have heard enough of the stem cell debate, and have formed my opinion.
Although, as a Christian, I am totally against the harvesting of these cells from human embryos, as a sufferer of a Parkinson's like illness, that is and always will be unreponsive to traditional P.D. meds, I am at a quandry. That is: Support the advancements being made in stem cell research, and someday possibly be cured, but risk losing my salvation; or give up all hope of ever leading a normal life and wait for the eternal to take me home.
If there happens to develop some way around the ethical, moral, and Christian implications surrounding this research,, e.g. adult stem cells, umbilical cord cells, etc... I may consider treatment. Otherwise, I will not support use of stem cells harvested from embryos.
Anyway, as I believe I have stated before, I truly expect to be dead and gone before anything comes out of the current developments. How long are we talking with this; 10, 15, 25 years? I would bet my life savings that it will be more like 25 years, at which point I will be 55 years old. Quite frankly, I don't expect or want to live that long; not with this stinking illness.

Jacob