WITHIN FIVE YEARS!!!
mm

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jacob M. Drollinger" <[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Saturday, August 18, 2001 11:59 AM
Subject: Okay, stem cells, but when?

> Dear listfriends,
>
> I have heard enough of the stem cell debate, and have formed my opinion.
> Although, as a Christian, I am totally against the harvesting of these
cells from human embryos, as a sufferer of a Parkinson's like illness, that
is and always will be unreponsive to traditional P.D. meds, I am at a
quandry. That is: Support the advancements being made in stem cell research,
and someday possibly be cured, but risk losing my salvation; or give up all
hope of ever leading a normal life and wait for the eternal to take me home.
> If there happens to develop some way around the ethical, moral, and
Christian implications surrounding this research,, e.g. adult stem cells,
umbilical cord cells, etc... I may consider treatment. Otherwise, I will not
support use of stem cells harvested from embryos.
> Anyway, as I believe I have stated before, I truly expect to be dead and
gone before anything comes out of the current developments. How long are we
talking with this; 10, 15, 25 years? I would bet my life savings that it
will be more like 25 years, at which point I will be 55 years old. Quite
frankly, I don't expect or want to live that long; not with this stinking
illness.

> Jacob

mailto:[log in to unmask]