From: "Rayilyn Brown" <[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Saturday, August 18, 2001 11:58 PM
Subject: Re: Okay, stem cells, but when?

Jacob, I don't see what it is in the teachings of Christianity that would
prohibit research on stem cells, unless you believe they are people.  If so,
why is it OK to produce extra throwaways for reproduction and not for
research?  Me, I just want an ALL OUT WAR ON DISEASE, and I don't believe
blastocysts are people - they have no discernable (sp) spirit as far as I
can
tell, but I could be wrong. What Christian teaching tells you that a
blastocyst has a soul?   I hope there is some kind of a cure for you and all
suffering, living, born, human beings someday.  Rayilyn