In a message dated 8/19/2001 12:30:31 AM, [log in to unmask] writes:

<< I decided I needed to pull my personal politcs

out of my postings on the list.  >>

I am not so sure about this...Politics and the stem cell issue are so
intertwined that it is impossible to talk about stem cells without having
politics come into it, and on this list, I think, we SHOULD be discussing
stem cells. I have no problem with a strong political opinion cogently and
respectfully stated, or even with some friendly political barbs from the
entire political spectrum being traded. Problems arise only when people begin
to deride and vilify other posters because of their politics.

Kathleen