Kathleen Cochran stated in part in reply to comment on PIEN that it was
decided that an individual would omit personal politics from postings:

I am not so sure about this...Politics and the stem cell issue are so
intertwined that it is impossible to talk about stem cells without having
politics come into it, and on this list, I think, we SHOULD be discussing
stem cells. I have no problem with a strong political opinion cogently and
respectfully stated, or even with some friendly political barbs from the
entire political spectrum being traded. Problems arise only when people
begin
to deride and vilify other posters because of their politics.

Kathleen

i agree w/Kathleen that discussion of stem cell research should be
discussed.  also, this is impossible to discuss w/o politics coming into the
talk.  why cann't we agree to disagree and not poke fun or deny that more
than one view exists?  this is the way my spouse and I have lived married
for nearly 30 yrs......otherwise, we wouldn't have lasted the lst decade!

Jeanette Fuhr 50/47/44?