In a message dated 8/15/01 5:40:50 PM, [log in to unmask] writes:

<< the possibilities of stem cell research finding the why, how, etc of cell
development, death or replacement by healthy cells sounds like it MAY be the
direction >>

Jeanette,
When their car starts acting up and no mechanic can fix it, I suppose that
some people might pay someone to go to a steel mill to get to the very
earliest pluripotential capacity possible source of the problem.  I, myself,
would instead go to a junk yard to see how my car was different from the
others already there.
The good news that Murray looks for each morning with his "Parkinson +cure"
google search will come, sooner than most people think.  It will be as a
result of knowledge gained from autopsies done on people with PD who still
have some air left in that tire and have died of something else. And speaking
of nails, we already know that PD people are often found to have more iron in
the damaged brain area than seems right. Of course, there usually are a lot
of firemen around a fire. It doesn't prove that they started it.

No, I don't hear any hiss coming from you, but my hearing is bad enough that
I prefer subtitles.

Ed Grskovich