Dear Mr. Elliott(PDF),MR. Slewett(NPF),
Mr. Langston (PI), Mr. Gerstel (APDA),
Mr. Fox (MJFI), the NIH, and all of your
scientific review boards:

    Are  there any scientists currently funded,
by your organization to look for
a viral cause of  Parkinson's?

    I note in  particular that there is a team of
researchers in France, who have
just shown that  a previously unknown
virus lodges in the spinal cords of ALS
victims.  I believe the virus was identified in
motor cells.

     I think in post-mortem examinations,
 nearly  every Lou Gehrig's DIsease
patient studied had the virus.  These viral invaders may
well have been the cause of the blocked
and altered movements of ALS.

  I am  now in my 16th year of Young Onset
PD, at age 51.  I am severely physically
disabled,   and completely paralyzed without medications.

Why not explore this idea? My chances of a reasonable life, or a
cure, are running out.  If a viral origin of PD is correct, an
anti-viral vaccine might be one of many steps towards
relieving PD victims of their suffering.

  Ivan Suzman
  Portland Maine
  cureit @ juno.com
  51-39-36