If I thought he would read it, this is what I would say:
Mr. President:

Congratulations, I believe for the moment that you have managed to pacify a
high percentage of both pro and con supporters.

I want to quote my favorite part of your speech:

“I also believe human life is a sacred gift from our creator. I worry about
a culture that devalues life, and believe as your president I have an
important obligation to foster and encourage respect for life in America and
throughout the world.”

Very nice and possibly the belief that was the foundation for your decision.
Mr. President, how do you feel about Capital Punishment?  Exactly why are
you investing so many of our tax dollars in defense, i.e weapons.

Your words:

“Based on preliminary work that has been privately funded, scientists
believe further research using stem cells offers great promise that could
help improve the lives of those who suffer from many terrible diseases, from
juvenile diabetes to Alzheimer's, from Parkinson's to spinal cord injuries.
And while scientists admit they are not yet certain, they believe stem cells
derived from embryos have unique potential.”

But then…

“Eight years ago, scientists believed fetal tissue research offered great
hope for cures and treatments, yet the progress to date has not lived up to
its initial expectations.”

Let’s go back…

“Scientists further believe that rapid progress in this research will come
only with federal funds. Federal dollars help attract the best and brightest
scientists. They ensure new discoveries are widely shared at the largest
number of research facilities, and that the research is directed toward the
greatest public good.”

Is it not true that if research is shared and not duplicated, it can
progress much faster?

Mr. President, I have Parkinson’s Disease at 38 years of age.  By the time I
am 50, I could be completely disabled.  While I have the power of positive
thinking on my side, I don’t have time.  I am not alone, millions of
Americans lives depend on “rapid progress”.

Support the fight against Parkinson's Disease
Visit us at www.bid4cure.com