A similar proton pump inhibitor that my Mum takes is Prevacid. She also has had good results with it for her Reflux problem. The generic name for Prevacid is Lansoprazole. I do not believe there is a generic version available of Prevacid as yet.

Hope this helps.

Dabu
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: myles
  To: [log in to unmask]
  Sent: Saturday, August 18, 2001 3:48 PM
  Subject: Generic Prilosec

  We would want to try Prilosec but can't seem to find it locally......we are
  in the Philippines.......

  The reason i was asking for the generic name was because Prilosec to you
  might be marketed in Manila under a different label. Or perhaps i should be
  asking hwat the major component of Prilosec is?

  You are all so lucky to have health insurance. The kind of health insurance
  you have is not as expansive as even the private health insurance coverage
  we have here.......