            The Central New York Parkinson’sSupport Group, Inc. continues to
have an exciting year with more good news.

       Mary Ann Casadei, the daughter of one of our members, was installed as
the President of the New York State American Legion Auxiliary on July 21st.
Mary Ann has been an active member of the American Legion most of her life
following in the footsteps of her parents.

       One of the functions of the President is to choose a project for the
entire New York State organization to carry out. Mary Ann has chosen the
Parkinson Alliance to be the recipient of the charitable funds they raise
this year.

        There are 58,000 members in 62 counties in New YorkState. Each local
American Legion Auxiliary will be encouraged to raise funds to support the
research programs supported by The Parkinson Alliance.

       In addition to this, the Tuchman Foundation has promised to match the
funds raised up to $100,000.

       It is my hope that other service organizations throughout the country
will follow Mary Ann’s leadership and also raise funds for Parkinson’s
disease research programs.

Nancy McCaffrey CG for Ed 72/dx62