To list:
        After reading remarks showing both agreement with and criticism of my
posting about politics ,and then reflecting upon the subject, I believe
that I must amend what I wrote and amplify some statements somewhat. I do
not think I made my point very well. Sorry. Since then I have had a very
nice and reasoned email from one of the writers which I  really appreciated
a lot. I now have a better understanding of her frustration. Having lost
both a wife and mother to breast cancer I have been quite frustrated also
at the ratio of research spending on that disease that as compared to that
spent on AIDS. My wife was only 36 when she died. Having the onset of PD at
my age does not affect me psychologically in the same way it would have 30
years ago.
        After thinking about it, I  do agree that the topic of stem cell research
funding is irretrievably tied to politics and that it is impossible to
separate the two. But I still do not believe that this forum is the place
to engage in polemics , "partisan politics" or personal attacks and name
calling--example : referring to Bush's advisors as "henchmen" which has the
connotation of "a member of a criminal gang". Do some folks really believe
that? Probably, and there are forums to express their thinking.  The
"henchmen" remark and bringing capital punishment and expenditures on
national defense into the discussion triggered my reaction I'm sure.
         I still believe then, that  political comments on this list should be
limited to the issue at hand, less the remarks that tend to distract,
weaken the valid points, and make some readers dismiss the opinion without
considering it.
                                Don A