Good Morning All,
With all the hype on stem cells these days, we tend to overlook
these extremely important studies ONGOING NOW...

Ray Strand's PMID postings reminded me to revisit this one...

I'e had my "ear to the rail" on this since some time in '97
when it was first posted to PIEN by janet & followed in
'98 / '99 by Judith...

SEARCH PARKINSN spheramine
33 matches.

Joe Bruman covered it in his CSR
Retina, dopamine cells Neur 1999;52:541-546   Mar 99
http://www.geocities.com/joebruman/csr/csrindex.html

Titan Pharmaceuticals' (TTP) Parkinson's Disease Cell Therapy
Efficacious In Expanded Primate Studies
Titan Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (AMEX: TTP - news) today announced
positive efficacy results with Spheramine(TM), the Company's
cell-based product, in expanded studies using a validated primate
model of Parkinson's disease. Results of a three month interim
analysis of the blinded, controlled study were presented today
at the XIII International Congress on Parkinson's Disease in
Vancouver, B.C. The studies were performed by medical scientists
at Emory University, including Dr. T. Subramanian, Neurologist;
Dr. Ray L. Watts, Vice Chairman of Neurology; and
Dr. Roy A.E. Bakay, Vice Chairman of Neurosurgery.
(press release expired) (7/29/99)

October 27-28, 1999
Spheramine: A Unique Cell Therapy for Parkinson's Disease
"Titan plans to initiate Phase I/II clinical trials with Spheramine
late in 1999."
http://www.techvestllc.com/conference/abstracts/Titan_abstract.htm

Cell Implants For Parkinson's Are Ready For Human Tests
http://www.personalmd.com/news/n1103093923.shtml

Clinical Development for Spheramine (Phase I/II)
http://www.biospace.com/ct/results.cfm?Tradename=Spheramine

Titan Pharmaceuticals Inc.
Spheramine: Related Articles
http://www.titanpharm.com/articles/article/spheramine.html

Grants for Cell Implantation Research
Principal Investigator: Allen, Richard C
Grant Number: 4R44NS39211-02
Title: Spheramine: a cell-based therapy for Parkinson's disease
http://www.ninds.nih.gov/parkinsonsweb/grants_cell_implantation_2000.htm

Titan Completes Enrollment of First Cohort of Patients In
Clinical Testing of Spheramine(R) for Parkinson's Disease
http://www.disabilitytimes.com/text/2001/01/26/newswire/titan1

E-MOVE reports from the 53rd Annual Meeting of the American
Academy of Neurology in Philadelphia May 5-11, 2001
1. P04.102 Stereotaxic implantation of retinal pigment epithelial cells
http://www.parkinson.org/implantation.htm

Tuesday July 31, 7:31 am Eastern Time - Press Release
Titan Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Reports Additional Positive Results From Clinical
Study of Spheramine in the Treatment of Parkinson's Disease
http://biz.yahoo.com/bw/010731/2093.html

Titan Pharmaceuticals - Clinical Studies - Spheramine
http://www.titanpharm.com/clinical_studies/spheramine_study.html

Only 6 out of who knows how many... (million and a half?)

But it's a very encouraging start....

Cheers ....... murray